Cell Sites of Santa Cruz County
Last Updated 06/21/2003. This site is seriously out of date.
I don't have time to do updates but will try to update these pages
before 2006. Jeff L.
Cellular PCS and SMR Providers
Marginal photograph of map from the Santa Cruz Planning Department showing
all the cell sites
UCSC Microcellular Coverage Map
Cell sites found by Jeff Liebermann
San Lorenzo Valley
Downtown and West Side
Cell sites found by Rich Patak
San Lorenzo Valley
Monterey County (serving Santa Cruz)
Email to authors.
Links of interest
Credits and contributors
Notes, comments, disclaimers, excuses, guesswork, promises, pleas, and
- This is work in progress. Not every cell site has been found and identified.
If you're interested in helping, or have additional information, please contact
me via email.
- Links to sites are currently organized by who found them to make this
page easier to maintain. This will change to a more useful organization
- Colored markers on image map are NOT accurate. Use the address or
- Never mind. Lat-Long isn't accurate due to mixing NAD27 and WGS84
and my sloppy arithmetic in converting from decimal minutes to decimal degrees.
- Coverage area is based upon an omnidirectional antenna and is no way
near reality. Panel antennas have a much different coverage. Since there
is no way to obtain technical info on a given site, the coverage area shown
is the best guess.
- No information was obtained from the various cellular carriers, site
service companies, their employees, or sales representatives.
- Please contact me with any additionas, changes, fixes, or updates.
Things to do
- Mulitple maps by service provider.
- Standard info form, XLS spreadsheet, tables, GIS info, etc.
- Add ALT tags for text browsers.
- w3c.org and weblint test
- Fix mangled and missing lat-long locations.
- Replace some of jeffl's horrible photos.
- Finish Map links to MapsOnUs.
- Add new cell sites found (even without photos).